Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ready for Anything

well almost! I am so excited about my new Camelbak waist pack. It has two 22oz water bottles, a zipper pouch for ID, pouch for my phone and a zipper pouch for socks, band-aids, etc. I tried it on and walked around the yard with it on but didn't fill the water bottles. I can't wait to try it out on a training walk.
Kylie loves it too! She had to put it on for a photo!

Just so you know, in case you didn't already, I will be walking 60 miles in 3 days and it requires training. Training includes walking, cross-training and learning how much to drink and eat while training. Each person is different and not all training plans will work for everyone. This is why training is SO important. Walking on a treadmill is not the same as walking on pavement, asphalt, gravel and other surfaces. Be sure to include hills, inclines and DO step up on the curbs. Your body will thank you at the end of Day 1.

Take water, sports drinks and snacks on your walk. If you don't, you will not do it at the event and might find yourself needing the medical staff. I want to see all of my teammates finish mile 60 together!

Pink for Life has almost reached 60% of our goal ($17,500). Would you consider donating to one of my team members? Click here

Thanks for all of your support! I am truly honored to be walking for all those listed on my page. Each time I meet a survivor and hear their story, it makes me cry. Guess I should make sure my new waist pack can hold lots of tissues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment