Friday, May 7, 2010

Pinko de Mayo Update

Honor the women in your life (mother, sister, daughter, friend, grandmother, sister-in-law) this May with a donation to Susan G. Komen on my behalf. I will not sit back while breast cancer robs another grandmother the chance of seeing her grandchildren grow up or prevents best friends from growing old together. Don’t delay. Click today! http://the3day.org/goto/tammyk  Help me reach my goal of $2500 by July 2.

The picture below is one of the last times my children got to see their great-grandmother. She never got to see what a beautiful young woman my daughter has become. She never got to see my son become a mature young man that wants to serve our country. She never got to see my youngest daughter play t-ball, soccer or watch her at tumbling practice. She never got to see the mischievous things that my 4 year old son can get into.

So far I've raised $2090 - only $410 to reach my goal! Currently I am at 80% and my team is at 48% of our goal. A HUGE thank you to those of you who have already donated!

If you still aren’t sure about making a donation, please remember that all walkers and crew members will be sleeping in 6x6 two person tents, taking showers in a semi-trailer, brushing our teeth at a sink outside the semi and there will be no electrical outlets for hair dryers and flat irons. We all have invested our own money purchasing the proper shoes, socks and other training gear necessary for the event and the training time alone takes away from our family time. This is a huge commitment for us and we take it seriously. Your financial support is greatly appreciated. http://the3day.org/goto/tammyk  

If you can’t donate financially, there are other ways to help. Please email  and I will pass along the information.
 
Pink for Life consists of eight women from Huntsville and Harvest and we have room for you if you’d like to join. Use code MAY2010 until midnight May 9 to receive $20 off registration. Register by calling 1-800-996-3329 or online.

Pink for Life is busy planning/scheduling several fundraisers and would greatly appreciate your continued support. You can follow us on facebook and keep track of all our events from the events tab http://facebook.com/teampinkforlife
Ø       April 26 – May 14 – Penny Wars at Mtn. Gap Elementary – Week 1 resulted in $1,030.23
Ø       May 11 Schlotzsky’s both Huntsville locations will donate a percentage of sales ALL day to Pink for Life if you wear pink or mention Pink for Life.
Ø       May 15Car wash at CVS on Cecil Ashburn Dr 10am – 2pm (donations accepted)
Ø       May 20Nothing But Noodle’s both Huntsville locations will donate a percentage of sales ALL day to Pink for Life if you wear pink or mention Pink for Life.
Ø       May 25Five Guys Burgers and Fries both Huntsville locations will donate a percentage of sales ALL day to Pink for Life if you wear pink or mention Pink for Life.
Ø       July 9Shop for the Cure at Trinity United Methodist Church on Airport Rd 5pm – 8pm

Other ongoing fundraisers:
Ø       Pink for Life items are now available for purchase in our store. http://cafepress.com/pinkforlife (I have the beach tote bag and mini buttons if you’d like to see)
Ø       I have also partnered with sewgirlie.com and they offer some fantastic items for baby showers, birthdays, Mother’s Day and graduation. Please look at their site and at checkout put code “Klueger” in the comments section and they will donate 10% (before shipping) to Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure on my behalf.
Ø       I currently have an online Pampered Chef Party for the month of May and the host will donate 25% of her profits to Susan G. Komen on my behalf. Pampered Chef has new limited edition products featured that are PINK to help Whip Cancer and $1 goes to the American Cancer Society.                            http://www.pamperedchef.biz/shankomp?page=host-search-results&showId=2596297
Ø       We also have our team t-shirts for sale. Adult sizes are $15 and youth sizes are $10. Email me if you would like to purchase one. 

Pink for Life will be participating in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure in Atlanta, October 22-24. You are invited to attend the closing ceremony on Sunday, October 24 to experience the most unforgettable time of your life, especially if someone you know has been affected by breast cancer.

If you made a donation in honor or memory of someone, you can see the names on my personal donation page http://the3day.org/goto/tammyk  and my personal blog http://tammyk3day.blogspot.com. The names of these individuals will also be on the back of my 3 Day credential as I walk each mile.

Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment