Thursday, February 4, 2010

My 3 Day Journey Begins

So yesterday I finally hit the submit button and I am officially registered for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure in Atlanta October 22-24. I am up for the challenge. I think :) Surely I can walk 60 miles in 3 days. Don't you think? I have chosen to follow the 24 week training program although I have 37 weeks before the event.

I have wanted to do something meaningful for quite some time. I have a very good friend whose husband and son both were diagnosed with brain tumors in 2004 and founded Miles for Hope. Recently a dear friend of mine and former co-worker was diagnosed with a brain tumor as well. I really wanted to participate in the Miles for Hope - Moving Towards a Cure but I have a previous event scheduled for that weekend. The 3 Day gives me a chance to honor my grandmother who passed away a couple of years ago. She was a breast cancer survivor but lost her life to a blood clot.

By participating in the 3 Day, I am committed to walking 60 miles in 3 days as well as raising a minimum of $2300 to help raise awareness and find a cure for breast cancer. Would you please consider a donation of $10, $25, $50 or even $100? You may donate securely online via my 3 Day personal page, calling 800-996-3DAY or writing a check. If you prefer to write a check, please email me for details. If you would like to honor or remember someone with your donation please email me and I will add their name to my blog and my personal 3 Day page.

This blog will be my way of keeping everyone updated on my training progress as well as fundraising efforts.

Think Pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment