Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another great training walk

Today I walked Aldridge Creek/Bailey Cove loop which is 4.5 miles. I got shin splints within the first half mile but was able to stretch more and complete the remaining walk with no difficulty. My new shoes and socks did not disappoint me. Hopefully, I can walk again tomorrow as the weather is supposed to be in the low 60's.

This 3 Day walk became a little more personal this week as I had a mass confirmed on my right breast on Tuesday. I had a mammogram and ultrasound Wednesday morning.  My doctor called Wednesday evening and said that she was 100% certain that my results are normal and it is probably an enlarged gland. I can't even begin to tell you how nervous I was waiting for that phone call. Now every mile I walk is for the next person waiting on that phone call.

I mailed two more checks this week and it will bring my total donations to $585. Have you made your donation yet? Together we can find a cure.

http://www.the3day.org/goto/tammyk

No comments:

Post a Comment