Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I did it!

With your donations, generosity, support and encouragement, I have exceeded the required minimum donation of $2,300 in less than four months. I feel much more needs to be said but all I can say is THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart and sore feet :) Together we can make a difference!
Our team still has several members that need to meet the minimum and I am asking my friends and family to please click on a team member's name and help us reach our goal of $17,500. Donate here. Please keep in mind that as a member of the 3 Day Crew, Rachael and Lindsey are not required to raise funds. However, you may donate to them if you wish.

Keep in mind that we will be sleeping in 6x6 tents, taking showers in a semi, using port-a-potties, no electricity for a hair dryer or flat iron and walking 60 miles in 3 days.

Your donations will help fund a cure for breast cancer. Much has been done in the recent years to extend the lives of many men and women effected by breast cancer and recently a vaccine has been developed. Clinical tests are currently underway on humans and hopefully it will be available soon.

I hope everyone understands that the 3 Day isn't ALL about the money. It really is about raising awareness and I have had several people tell me 'thank you' for what I'm doing. With all of my Facebook status changes, event fliers and emails, they have discovered a lump or spot on their breast(s) and gone to the doctor to have it checked. Some have even had their FIRST mammogram experience since I've joined the 3 Day family :)

Keep current on all our events by following Pink for Life on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a great accomplishment. It's a wonderful feeling isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete